The season of mangoes coming to an end and I hadn’t baked anything using them. Also I had got some new silicon muffin cups and was raring to use them. What better way I thought than making mango muffins. Since kiddo loves tuti fruity I topped it up with them. Also you can add pieces of chocolate inside the muffin, would be fun to have a Choco blast in between the mango flavor.
I had done that in a couple of them. It was a sweet surprise.
Makes 14-15 Muffins
All-purpose flour: 2 1/2 cup
Mango pulp: 1 cup
Condensed Milk: 1/2 cup
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Butter/ Ghee: 1/2 cup (melted)
Milk: as needed
Tuti Fruity as needed
1.Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
2. Make pulp of 1 large or 2 medium sized mangoes (Alphonso, Badami, Kesar) should work best.
3.Sieve the flour, baking powder, soda and keep aside.
4. Blend the melted butter and condensed milk till well incorporated.
5.Add in the mango pulp and mix well.
6.Add the flour and fold it well. It would be a thick batter. Add little milk if too thick
7.Grease the muffin pan and pour a scoop in each. Top it with tuti fruity.
8.Bake in for 15- 18 minutes. (Mine took 18 minutes). Adjust accordingly.
9.Allow to cool. Enjoy
Mango seasons are a favorite. Every where we smell nice mango varieties. Lots of dishes can be made incorporating this king of fruit and i just love eating them. Mangoes make me nostalgic, transports me to childhood when dad used to order from Ratnagiri. The house used to smell divine for the whole period. 🙂 The mangoes used to be so sweet that while using them in sweet we didn’t need much additional sweeteners. And while making Kalan etc mom used to add more chilies to cut the sweetness.
These days everything is with chemicals and injections. The mangoes are not ripened naturally. But still in spite of all this the season comes we all look forward for this fruit. This ice cream can be made very quickly and it turns out very smooth much like the store brought one.
Mango: 2 chopped
Fresh Cream: 200 ml (I used Amul)
Condensed milk: 1 cup (Add more if you want sweet)
Milk: 1/2 cup for grinding
- Take the mangoes, condensed milk and milk in a mixer. Blend till smooth.
- Take the cream in a bowl and whip till it becomes soft. An egg beater would also do.
- Transfer the cream to the mixer and whip for a couple of minutes.
- It would come to thick batter consistency.
- Transfer in a box and freeze for 8 hours or overnight
- Serve chilled with any toppings of your choice.
Come summers we all look for coolers. Ice creams and cold drinks make their most business in this season. I too like to keep experimenting with ice creams at home. Not all come out great but sometimes I do hit a bulls eye. 🙂
This is one such recipe. Just a few ingredients and we are good to go to make this wonderful fruity ice cream.
Here goes the recipe:
Cream: 200 ml
Condensed Milk: 1/4 tin + 1 tbsp( depending on the sweetness level preferred)
Tuti fruity: 1/2 cup
Rose Syrup: 1- 2 tsp
- Take the cream and the condensed milk and beat till it incorporates well and become frothy.
- Add the rose syrup and tuti fruity and mix well.
- Freeze it in an air tight container for 8-10 hours
Yummy ice cream ready to serve.