Gamesha festival is round the corner, I love this festival and make it a point to make lots of sweets for this occasion. For me Ganesha plays a very important role in my life. He’s a part of all my ups and downs. I love buying Ganesha Idols and keep them in my pooja. But now we have decided to not buy(I still can’t resist the temptation :D) and do pooja for the idols we have collected over the years.
I am not very happy with the concept of Visarjan( immersing idols) so I don’t get the idols. They make me sad. 😦 I can go on and on but for now, let me hop over to the recipe.
- Khoya (unsweetened): 200 gms
- Condensed Milk: 200 gms
- Ghee: a tbsp
- Modak Mould
- Heat a pan, add the khoya (just mash with hands) or grate . Keep the flame to low.
- I had kept the flame in medium and little khoya changed color, hence the modak looked different. It tasted the same although.
- Add the condensed milk and keep mixing. It will loosen , then would come together like a dough.
- Allow to cool. Grease the modak mould with ghee or shape them with hands.
- Cool and store. Stays good for 2-3 days in fridge.