One of the favorite comfort foods around. Always loved and can be served as a meal in itself with nothing aside too. A simple dish, full of flavors and light on stomach.
This time I used Amul Cream alongside the regular curd and milk. I packed for lunchbox for my son , but skipped the tempering. He hates the tadka in curd rice, but added coriander leaves and some pomegranates. The box came back super clean. Verdict: It was yummy, make this for me again. Just the way we get in restaurants; creamy and yummy.
- Rice: 1 cup
- Water: 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Curd: 2 tbsp
- Milk: 1/4 cup
- Cream: 2 tbsp( I used Amul)
- Pomegranate Pearls: a handful
- Coriander Leaves: finely chopped
- Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Urad dal,chana dal, mustard seeds: 1 tsp each
- Green chili: 1 finely chopped (optional)
- Pressure cook the rice with 3 cups of water. It should turn mushy.
- Take the rice in a bowl, add cream milk and curd.Add salt.
- Temper with “to temper” items and add to the curd rice.
- Garnish with pomegranate and coriander leaves.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend well.