After two of my inspirational and super talented fellow bloggers Jeyashri and Mullai posted yummy Chutney Rice recipe and pictures, I couldn’t wait to try this super yummy rice. I was drooling all over the pictures, so much that yesterday I made chutney just to make this rice. 😀 I slightly tweaked to suit my needs.
I paired with upma yesterday and kept aside some for this yummy rice. Armed with the chutney today, morning making lunchbox was a breeze as all I needed to do was cook rice and make this yummy lunch. Since I was out of veggies, I added peas and corn to this.
- Rice: 1/2 cup( I used Basmati, feel free to use normal one too)
- Onions sliced: 1
- Green Peas: 2 tbsp
- Corns :1 tbsp (Or add veggies of your choice)
- Green Chutney: 2 tbsp (See Notes)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds: 1 tsp
- Soak the rice for 20 minutes. Drain water. Add 1 cup water and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Allow to cool.
- Heat a pan, add ghee, fennel seeds and the sliced onions, fry till golden brown.
- Add the peas ,corn, green chutney and salt. Fry for a minute. Don’t allow change of color.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well, Check for salt.
- Serve with any raita or chips
For Green Chutney:
Use a couple of coconut pieces or 2 tbsp grated coconut, coriander leaves a handful, green chilies, a pod of garlic and made a paste of it without adding water and proceed with the recipe.