Another variation the the regular methi paranthas/ theplas. Addition of fresh coriander leaves gives a more vibrant green color and green chilies the required heat. Methi thepla recipe shared here.
- Fresh Methi(Fenugreek) Leaves : 1/2 cup
- Ajwain: 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curd: 1/2 cup
- Red Chili Powder: 1 tsp
- Wheat Flour: 1 cup
- Jowar Flour: 1/2 cup (optional)
- Coriander Leaves: a handful
- Garlic: 1-2 pods
- Green chilies: 1-2 (according to spice needed)
1. Wash, clean and chop the fenugreek leaves finely.
2. Grind the “To grind “items and keep aside.
3. Take a bowl; add the wheat flour, Jowar flour, salt, chili powder, methi leaves and the ground paste.
4. Add the curd and then water as needed and start making smooth dough. Apply oil from all sides.
5. Rest aside for 20 minutes.
6. Pull a pinch from the dough and start rolling it in circle. It should be little thick.
7. Heat a tava, place the parantha and cook on medium flame flipping both sides alternately.
8. Add oil and keep cooking till golden brown spots appear.
9. Serve hot alongside pickle or plain curds or even chunda.