Sandwiches are a favorite in my family. Crispy, golden brown ,toasted with butter and ketchup on the side, this one makes a yummy snack anytime of the day.
I love making this for breakfast/ dinner as they are filling and those are the meals we all are relaxed and enjoy together leisurely. 🙂 This one i tried to fill it with the regular sauce and mozzarella cheese. The kiddo lapped it up and was a total hit. With the goodness of milk, cheese, onions , capsicums and good old Italian seasonings, this one is totally yummy. Do try this and share your thoughts .
- Bread: as needed( any one is fine)
- Butter: as needed.
To make Pasta sauce:
- Butter: 1.5 tbsp
- Maida: 1 tbsp
- Onions: 1 finely chopped
- Capsicum: 1 finely chopped
- Corns: 2 tbsp
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Cheese: 1/2 cup
- Oregano: 1 tsp
- Chili Flakes: 1 tsp
- Salt as needed.
- Heat a pan, melt the butter, add the onions and cook till golden brown.
- Next add the capsicums ,corns and cook till crunch is retained.
- Lower the flame to small.Sprinkle the maida and fry .Add milk and mix well taking care no lumps are formed.
- Add the seasonings, cheese ,salt as needed and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Cool completely
Assemble the Sandwiches
- Take the breads, apply butter on the outer sides liberally.
- Add the pasta sauce, cover with another bread and toast on the toaster or normal tava .
- In tava, flip and cook both sides on low flame till golden brown.
- Serve hot with Ketchup.