Breakfast makes the most important meal of the day. I like to have a large breakfast and reduce eating as the day progresses. I believe in having fresh breakfast to the muesli and cornflakes. Nor do I prefer bread. 🙂 I will eat upma but not bread.
So I keep looking for new versions of Dosas, as my son prefers eating dosas anytime and all the time. So to make it more healthy I incorporated Jowar flour to the batter and yes he ate it fuss free. 😀 Do try this instant version and I am sure you too would love making this regularly.
- Rava/ Sooji: 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour: 1 cup
- Jowar Flour: 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
- Maida: 2 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Sour Buttermilk (Diluted): 1 cup
- Water as needed
- Oil/Butter: as needed
- Mix the flours , add cumin seeds and salt. Alternatively, you can mix the flours and keep in a jar ready with salt and cumin seeds. Stays good for a few months. Becomes more easy as all you need is mixing and batter ready.
- Beat the curd to dilute and add to the flour and mix well till incorporated. Keep aside for 30 minutes to a couple of hours for the flavors to blend.
- Heat the tava, add water to the batter if needed to make it watery. Pour it on the tava from the edges and keep filling the gaps.
- Reduce the flame to medium and drizzle oil/ ghee and allow to cook till the edges brown a little. Flip and allow to cook. Add oil/ butter if needed . The more it cooks the more crisp it becomes.
- Serve hot with Chutney/ Sambhar/ Podi.
- If the batter remains, can be stored. Just make sure to bring in room temperature becoming making dosas. Stays good for a couple of days.
- You can add onions, green chilies and coriander leaves to the batter and make Onion dosas too but make sure to finish the batter.