One of the most versatile and favorite street foods. A coming together of all veggies, spice and generous dose of butter. Paired with a butter smeared toasted Pav this one is a match made in heaven. 🙂 Have always loved this combination, although nowadays people even try fusions like Pav Bhaji Dosa etc but the classic remains the best.
Had this recipe lying in drafts for sometime now. Every time something else takes priority and this delayed.
Do try and enjoy.
Onions: 2 cups chopped
Tomatoes: 2 finely chopped
Mix Veggies (Flower, Carrots, Green Peas,Beans): 1 cup
Capsicum:1 medium sized chopped
Potatoes: Mashed 2 cups
Butter+Oil : 1.5 tbsp
Pav Bhaji Masala: 1 tbsp
Red Chili Powder: 1 tbsp ( See notes)
Salt as per taste.
Coriander Leaves: a handful chopped
Lemon juice: (juice of one lemon)
Lemon wedges: 3-4
Butter as needed
1. Pressure cook the mix veggies and boil the potatoes, cool and mash. Keep aside.
2. Heat a pan. Add butter+oil and saute the onions with a pinch of salt. Add the tomatoes and cook till
mushy and the oil leaves.
3. Add the chopped capsicums and fry till they cook yet retain the crunch.
4. Next goes the mixed veggies, 1/2 cup water and the spices.
5. Add the potatoes, salt and adjust the consistency. It should be semi gravy.
6. Simmer on a low flame for 6-8 minutes. Add water if needed and squeeze juice of one lemon.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and and some butter.
8. Serve aside toasted pav and some onions and lemon wedges.
How to Toast Pav:
Slice the Pav in the middle, heat a tava, butter the Pav generously and toast it flipping alternatively on low flame till golden brown.
Adjust the spice level of chili powder by using Kashmiri one more as it gives nice vibrant color.