Paneer is a favorite. Paneer can enhance any dish and give royal touch. Some Paneer was lying in my pantry unused and nearing expiry. Was wondering how to use it up. I just whipped a green paste and tossed the paneer with a hint of butter. The result, melt in mouth, spicy and crispy paneer. This one was an instant hit as it got finished in minutes.
This can be made with ingredients that are easily available in the pantry. Do try and let me know your thoughts on the same.
- Paneer: 200 gms
- Butter : 1 tbsp.
- Chat Masala: 1tsp
- Green Chili: 2-3
- Coriander Leaves: 1 a hanndful
- Garlic : 2 pods
- Ginger: a small pinch.
1. Cut the paneer in desired pieces. (I cut in small squares)
2. Make a paste using “to grind” ingredients.
3. Take this in a bowl and add the paneer pieces, check for salt and mix well using hands.Keep aside for 5 minutes.
4. Heat a pan,add a tbsp butter and the paneer pieces and the remaining paste (if any).
5. On a low flame, keep tossing till it turns golden brown.
6. Sprinkle some chat masala and serve hot with some ketchup/ sauce.
PS: Check for salt. Add only if needed since paneer and chat masala has salt