One more way of making this Sabudana Khicadi is shared below. It seems people loved the look and i guarantee the taste of this yummy khicadi. 🙂
Sabudana (Topica Pearls) : 1
Potato: 1 cubed
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Salt to taste.
Sugar a pinch
Peanuts: 1/2 cup
Green chilies: 2
Coriander leaves: a handful
- Wash the sabudana till water runs clear.Add 1/2 cup of water and keep aside for 4-5 hours.
- Roast the ground nuts and de skin.
- Take a grinder jar, add the peanuts green chilies, coriander leaves and grind roughly. Mortar Paste would also work fine.
- Mix this with the soaked sabudana add salt,sugar and mix well.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds when it splutters add the sabudana peanut mixture and mix well.
- Keep the flame to low and close the lid and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve Hot.
You can do the roasting of peanuts and deskinning them in advance.
Onions can be added if not making for fasting.
Potatoes can be added,if using add in step 5 after adding cumin seeds, add the potatoes and fry in the oil till al dente.