This one is the oldest in my draft. 🙂 Was clicked when I had not even started blogging. Today, while going through old pictures I found and thought of sharing the recipe. Since then even if i had made these sandwiches, have never clicked pictures. 😛
We all loved sandwiches. Toasted, grilled mostly preferred, but we also love the Mumbai style raw sandwiches. Sandwiches i feel, is very versatile and almost anything or everything can be used as fillings for them. Use onion,tomato and cheese and one healthy meal is ready. Also one of the best way to use up the leftover curries is stuffing them inside the bread and grilling with addition of loads of cheese.
I normally use up the leftover curry this way, and sometimes the kiddo asks for more 😉 and i realize the demand is more and supply less.:D He sometimes suggests me to make more curry to eat sandwiches. 😛
Here’s one healthy, tasty and easy sandwich which will impress kiddos tongue and our heart that we gave them healthy food. 🙂
To make the filling:
Spinach : 1 cup
Corn: 1/4 cup
All purpose Flour: 1 tbsp.
Butter: 1 tbsp
Milk: 1/2 cup
Chili Flakes: 1 tsp
Italian Seasoning: 1 tsp (Optional)
Bread: 8 slices.
Butter: 4 tbsp
Cheese slices: 4
- Blanch the chopped spinach by adding it in boiling water and immediately transferring in cold water.
- Heat a pan, add butter and all purpose flour and saute. Take care not to form lumps.
- Add milk and the seasoning,salt and stir for a minute
- Add the boiled corn and spinach and cook till the mixture thickens.
Now the filling is ready. You can also prepare this beforehand to save time.
- Now take a bread, apply butter on both sides and on the other bread apply butter only in the outer side.
- Apply this filling in the other side and add a slice of cheese on the top. Close with bread which was buttered both the sides.
- Toast in a toaster or heat a tawa add toast by flipping over till golden brown.
- Serve hot with a warm cup of milk.
PS: New pictures shall be updated soon.