Since schools have reopened making easy lunch boxes is a challenge. Every day to think of snack and lunch is itself a task; now that I have decided to post pictures on Instagram. I thought might as well keep sharing recipe so that it becomes easy to keep a track of what all I made plus learn some new variations.
Today I am sharing a simple recipe of Ivy Gourd Now many people don’t like this. I want kiddo to learn to eat all veggies, so what better way than packing in the lunch box. There are many ways of making this sabzi but today I have shared here the Gujarati Version, sweet and tangy.
Here goes the recipe:
Ivy Gourd(Tendli): 2 cups washed and chopped in roundels or sliced.
Oil: 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Hing: a pinch
Jaggery: 1 tbsp (optional but recommended)
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Red Chili powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Curry Leaves: a spring
Salt to taste
- Chop the veggies in desired way round or sliced.
- Pressure cook for a whistle with 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Heat a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves and sauté well.
- Add the cooked Ivy gourd, spices, salt and jaggery and give a nice stir.
- Check for salt and sauté on a low flame till the spices coat the tendli and the jaggery melts.
- Serve hot with rotis / rice.