Paneer in any style or form is welcome in my place. We all just love the paneer, be in paranthas or sabzis or biryanis. This is one such recipe I came across a few days back and was very keen on trying.
We had an morning errand to run which drained me completely by the time I came back. I already had the phulka dough ready, all I needed was to make some simple sabzi to go with. I had paneer in pantry and this came to my mind the same instant. So I experimented and when we sit to eat, hubby and kiddo gave big thumbs up to this restaurant kinda gravy. Their happiness put a big smile on my face as we all live for such happy moments.
Do try this easy paneer recipe and you would make this again and again.
Paneer: 200 gms cubed.
Onions: 2 finely chopped.
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste: 1 tsp
Green chili: 1 slit
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Red Chili powder: 1 tsp
Tomato Ketchup/ Sauce: 1 tbsp (optional but recommended
Shahi Paneer (or Garam Masala) : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Honey: 1 tsp
Cream: ½ cup
Kasuri Methi: 1 tsp
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan, add the onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add the green chili, ginger garlic paste and sauté till raw smell goes.
- Add all the powders; red chili, coriander, garam masala, salt and mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes and mix well. Add the ketchup/ sauce and give it a stir.
- Add the fresh cream and simmer on a very low flame for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the honey, kasuri methi and check for salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with fresh naans/ phulkas or even rice.