Mango seasons are a favorite. Every where we smell nice mango varieties. Lots of dishes can be made incorporating this king of fruit and i just love eating them. Mangoes make me nostalgic, transports me to childhood when dad used to order from Ratnagiri. The house used to smell divine for the whole period. 🙂 The mangoes used to be so sweet that while using them in sweet we didn’t need much additional sweeteners. And while making Kalan etc mom used to add more chilies to cut the sweetness.
These days everything is with chemicals and injections. The mangoes are not ripened naturally. But still in spite of all this the season comes we all look forward for this fruit. This ice cream can be made very quickly and it turns out very smooth much like the store brought one.
Mango: 2 chopped
Fresh Cream: 200 ml (I used Amul)
Condensed milk: 1 cup (Add more if you want sweet)
Milk: 1/2 cup for grinding
- Take the mangoes, condensed milk and milk in a mixer. Blend till smooth.
- Take the cream in a bowl and whip till it becomes soft. An egg beater would also do.
- Transfer the cream to the mixer and whip for a couple of minutes.
- It would come to thick batter consistency.
- Transfer in a box and freeze for 8 hours or overnight
- Serve chilled with any toppings of your choice.