The mango mania still continues. This time i incorporated in sheera and believe me, it was one of the best sheera i have had. Hubby and kiddo loved the blending of flavors. The taste of mango and the goodness of sheera, was a winning combination.
Here goes the recipe:
Rava: 1 cup
Ghee: 4 tbsp
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Mango pulp: 1 cup
Cashews: 4 broken
Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
Water: 1 and 1/2 cup
- Heat a pan, add tbsp ghee, add the dry fruits and fry till golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add more ghee and the rava and saute till nice aroma wafts. Do this in the lowest flame to avoid burning of rava.
- Boil water in another pan,add sugar and bring it to rolling boil.
- Add this to the rava and mix well till the water is absorbed.Add the cardamom powder.
- Add the mango pulp and mix well and let it simmer for a minute.
- Garnish with the cashews and raisins. Serve hot.
Keep the flame to the lowest during the process to avoid burning and sticking to the pan.