Long time no paneer recipe posted here so thought this time would post the most favorite and the famous Paneer Tikka Masala recipe. Ok this one is a short cut, but the taste is almost the same. The marination of an authentic Paneer Tikka Masala makes it different, but this one even without marination gave me a smoky flavor. Do try if you are pressed for time, this one won’t disappoint you.
200 gms Paneer
2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Butter
3 Onions, chopped
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Sugar
3 Tomatoes, Pureed
1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
1 tbsp Tandoori Masala (replace with Kitchen King if you dont have)
1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/4th tsp Red Food Color (optional but gives nice bright color)
Salt to taste
Water as needed
A tbsp Fresh cream
Cut the paneer, take it in a screwer and grill on medium flame till the edges turn black. Keep aside till further use.
To Make The Gravy
– In a pan heat some oil & butter.
– Add chopped onions, salt & ginger garlic paste. Saute everything well.
– Add sugar, tomato puree, food color if using & mix well. Let the gravy simmer for 5 minutes.
– Add coriander seeds powder, cumin seeds powder, tandoori Masala, red chilli powder & garam masala.
– Saute everything well.
– Add little water & let the gravy simmer.
– Add grilled Paneer cubes & mix well.
– Let the gravy simmer for 2 minutes.
– Garnish it with coriander leaves & serve hot.