This is one nice variation to the regular Poha. The green chilies when grinded with coriander enhances the flavor and the chilies are also not wasted as it happens normally. 😛
Thick rice flakes (Pohe) : 2 cups
Onions finely chopped : 2
Curry leaves: a spring
Oil: 2 tbsp.
Peanuts: 1 tbsp.
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
Lemon juice: of 1 lemon
Grated Coconut: 1 tbsp.
Nylon sev: for garnish (optional)
Coriander leaves: 1 handful
Green chilies: 1-2
- Wash the poha and discard the water.
- Grind 1-2 green chilis and a handful of coriander leaves. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add oil when hot add peanuts. Fry till golden brown.
- Add the mustard seeds, when they crackle, add onions, curry leaves and the chili coriander paste. Sauté on a low flame for a couple of minutes till the onion is cooked.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and some of the lemon juice. Add the rice flakes at this stage, add salt, sugar and mix nicely.
- Add the remaining lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves, coconut shavings.