Being 100th post I thought what better than a sweet dish recipe. After swinging like a pendulam from cakes to biscuits to kheer, thought I would post this simple recipe.
I hope and wish to keep writing and sharing many such wonderful recipes. Thank you all for the support and love. Always be there.
I had got mava in excess so was wondering what to do with it. Even coconut was excess so when browsing, a thought me to make a mixture of both and make poli . You can use the same stuffing for fried modak too. They came out very well. We all loved the soft delicious melt in mouth polis.
Here goes the recipe:
Khava: 1 cup
Coconut: 1 cup
Sugar: 3/4th cup
Cardamoms: 1 tsp
Wheat flour: 2 cups
Salt : a pinch
- Using ingredients for poli, make a soft dough. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add the mava, sugar and coconut and cook on a low flame till the water evaporates and it comes together.
- Allow it to cool a bit.
- Take a pinch of wheat flour dough, roll it small, stuff a spoonful of this mixture.
- Close it by pinching the sides and again roll back medium thick.
- Heat a tava, transfer the poli and cook by smearing ghee on both sides.
- Serve hot with a spoon of ghee aside.
The Poli can be made in advance too. Just warm before serving. Stays good for a day.
The stuffing can be made in advance and refrigerated. Stays good for a week.