One of the most favorite snack in Maharashtrian household. Similar to Akki Rotis in Karnataka, I have grown up eating them. Its one of the healthiest as all the flours come together plus doesn’t require much oil and also when paired with butter or Peanut powder, its a match made in heaven.
Do try this. I am sure you would love this.
Rice flour, Besan, wheat flour, Maida, Bajra: 1 cup each
Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ajwain: 1 tsp
Onions: 2 finely chopped.
Coriander Leaves: 1/2 cup chopped
Water as needed
- Mix all the flours, add salt, ajwain, chili powder, onions and coriander leaves.
- Add water as required and make a smooth dough.
- Rest for 20 minutes. Pinch a ball from the dough, oil the butter paper/ plastic using and place on a butter paper/plastic bag.
- Spread it with hands thinning the edges, as big as you can.
- Reverse the butter paper on a hot tava, the paper will leave as the thalipeeth starts cooking .
- Pour oil on the edges and flip over and cook in a low medium heat.
- Serve hot with curd or ghee or powder
You can add carrots also to make this more nutritious.