Wishing you all a Happy and prosperous 2017. Hope you all had a great time partying and celebrating with near and dear ones. Today I am sharing a very easy recipe to beat the Monday blues. Requires minimal ingredients and when paired up with rice and ghee makes a heavenly combination. Even a roasted appalam makes a great side dish to this. Although many people make this as a side dish for Mor Kozumbu, this is also a complete dish when eaten with rice.
Spinach: 1 bunch
Oil: 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
Urad Dal: 1 tsp
Red Chilli : 1
A pinch of Hing
- Clean the spinach and wash thoroughly under water till water runs clean.
- Blanch this spinach for a couple of minutes in hot water with a pinch if turmeric and salt. This helps remove the impurities.
- Remove from the hot water and run under cold water immediately. This will help spinach retain its green color.
- Puree in a mixer.
- Transfer the puree in a bowl, adjust water (add only little) , add salt and bring it to boil.
- Temper with “to temper” items and serve hot with rice and ghee,alongside appalam.
If it becomes watery, add rice flour mixed with water and adjust the consistency.