These days with winter setting in, it becomes a tad difficult to get up early mornings. 😉 I love waking up early in mornings but not in winter. 😦 The problem with my sleep is i feel the most sleepy when the alarm rings. Snooze and sleep .:D
Making lunch box in such weather is a challenge. So after lot of thinking, i decided today to make this paranthas. I had boiled potatoes and some methi leaves in the fridge .So i combined them and this delicious paranthas were ready to be attacked on. 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
Boiled potatoes: 2
Methi leaves: 1/ cup
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Ginger+ garlic+ green chili (1-2)+ a handful of coriander
For the Dough:
Whole wheat flour: 2 cups
Ajwain: a pinch
Water: as needed.
- Take the flour, add salt,ajwain and water and make a soft dough.Add some oil. Keep aside.
- Take a pan, add oil , paste and methi leaves. Saute till the methi wilts.Add the spice powders, salt and the mashed potatoes.
- Mix well. The filling is ready.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. Place the filling, bring together all the sizes and seal.
- Roll them again in thick round shapes.
- Heat a tava, place the paranthas and cook them till golden brown. Drizzle some oil /butter on both sides.
- Serve hot with curd/pickle.
PS: Forgot to click the stuffing picture. Shall update soon. 🙂