Street food are always awesome. 🙂 I love binging on them. This is one such easy food that is also as yummy as pav bhaji but also different from them. This requires minimal ingredients and efforts and can be assembled in minutes. The only drawback is it needs to be eaten as soon as assembled. Can’t keep them for long as they become soggy. But who cares or would keep such a wonderful dish waiting..:D
Would binge on it hot hot. 😛
Here’s the recipe:
Pav Buns as needed
Oil – 1 tblspn
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Butter – as needed
Onion – 1 large chopped finely
Capsicum – 1/2 chopped finely
Tomatoes – 4 chopped finely
Pav bhaji masala – 1 tblspn as needed
Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves finely chopped as needed
Lemon Juice to taste
Water as needed
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions and fry till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Now add in capsicum and tomatoes and cook for 6 to 7 mins.
- Add in pav bhaji masala and chilli powder, salt and mix well. COok for few mins.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 mins or so.
- Now add in lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well. Remove this to a bowl.
- Now in the same pan, melt some butter, spoon some bhaji in and set aside in the pan, in other side place slit pavbuns and toast them. Now spoon some masala inside the buns and top of it.
- Remove it to a plate and sprinkle onions, coriander leaves. Serve with extra butter and lemon wedges.