Also known as kerchief rotis. I fell in love with this trial and now am almost making this everyday. Stays soft, fresh for longer.
I too tried the whole wheat version. But it was super easy. Hoping to try the other version soon and share.
Here’s the recipe:
Makes: 8 rotis
Whole wheat flour: 2 cups
Salt: 1 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
- Make a soft pliable dough mixing the flour,salt and water. Smear with oil and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Split the dough in equal measures and make medium sized balls.Take a ball of dough and roll it into medium sized circle. Dust extra flour if required. Set it aside. Do the same for another dough.
- Smear oil on the rolled roti and place the other rolled roti and press firmly.
- Dust flour and spread it as thin as possible.
- Place the roti on the tava and allow it to cook from both the sides evenly on medium flame.
- As they get cooked, they start separating easily. Separate them and remove from the tava, fold in triangle and keep aside.
- Smear oil/ghee and do the same for the rest of the dough.
- Serve hot with any sabzi or dal of your choice.