Another lunch box idea. Another easy way to use up leftover veggies. The other day i had a layer of paneer too left with me which was too less for a veggie so i incorporated it in the rice. The result was a beautiful rice with nice chunks of paneer. 🙂 Kiddo loved it and now its my go-to recipe.
Here goes the recipe:
Basmati Rice : 1 cup ( any other rice would also work)
Ripe tomatoes: 2
Pav Bhaji Masala: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Onions: 1 thinly sliced
Carrots: 1 finely chopped (optional)
Paneer: 1 cup toasted in a tsp of butter (see notes)
Salt as needed
Coriander leaves to garnish
Water: 1.5 cups
1. Wash and soak the rice in warm water for 15-30 minutes.
2. Heat a pan, add butter+oil, add the cumin seeds. When crackled, add onions and fry till golden brown.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook til tender, add the carrots and cook till al dente.
4. Add the rice and seasonings and salt as needed and 1.5 cups water.
5. Bring to rolling boil and pressure cook for 3 whistles on medium flame.
6. Once pressure settles , add the paneer and mix gently.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with any raita and chips of your choice.
Paneer can be toasted in a pan in butter and added or it can be added as it is. Toasted lends a golden look and crispy flavor.
You can add any veggies of your choice. Paneer can be replaced by tofu or even soya to suit your needs.