Kids and adults both these days love junk food. 🙂 Although now with so much help from internet, finding recipes and experimenting according to our suitability is something all mom’s try to. Making the dish healthier without compromising on the taste is a challenge. 🙂
When we were kids, we never had these pizza joints in every nook and corner. Mom even though is a great cook, never had tested these recipes. Plus we never had the luxury of oven or microwave.So she in her own way assembled the recipe and voila, we have had the best pizza recipe in the whole world. 😀 Also one more way to use up the left over sabzi.
Cheese is the answer to all the questions, so she used to grate lots of cheese and cover up the veggies for us. I still make this pizza for my kiddo and he too loves it. This recipe doesn’t require much assembling and can be made in a jiffy.
Pizza base :1 ( I used store brought)
Tomato sauce: as needed
Butter: 1 tbsp
Cheese: as needed ( i used one amul cheese cube)
Any leftover sabzi or recipe shared below.
- If you don’t have an sabzi ready, just finely slice 1 onion, potato,carrot and finely chop the tomatoes . Recipe can be doubled or tripled as needed.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter + oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and a finely chopped green chilli for extra zing. 😛
- Once tadka splutters, add the onions and fry till golden brown, then goes potato, carrot, saute well and finally add tomato, red chili powder. a tbsp tomato sauce (optional), salt as needed and cook till al dente. Cook in a low/ medium flame for around 4-5 minutes.
- Take the pizza base, butter it lightly, add the sauce, spread the veggies with a spoon, and top it with loads of cheese.( I tore some cheese slices too and added)
- Heat a tava, butter a little and transfer the pizza and cook till the cheese melts on lowest flame possible for 4-5 minutes till the base becomes golden brown.
- Serve with oregano and seasonings as desired or just plain sauce.