Simple foods always helps on lazy days. Now with school reopen, we need lots of lunch box ideas. This one is perfect for kids and adults alike. Can be prepared in a jiffy with minimal ingredients. Makes a nutritious and simple one pot lunch too on a lazy evening.
Rice (any): 1 and 1/2 cup (i used basmati)
Tomatoes: 2 chopped finely.
Onions: 1 sliced finely.
Green chili: 1 slit
Ginger: 1 inch chopped in pieces
Garlic: 2 fat clove minced.
Paneer: 1/2 cup (optional)
Water: 2 cups
Oil+Ghee: 2 tbsp
Cloves: 2 -3
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Coriander leaves: 1 handful
- Soak the rice for minimum 30 minutes.
- Take a pressure cooker and add oil+ ghee ,cloves,bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Next add the ginger garlic, chili and onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the paneer and fry for a minute and add rice and fry till it dries.
- Add tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Season with salt and add water and bring it to rolling boil.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Serve hot with a raita of your choice and papad.