Breakfast, being the first important meal of the day, is something I look forward to everyday. I like to have a proper breakfast and a heavy one. Very rarely would I opt for oats/ bread. Upma is something that can be made plain and with veggies to make it more nutritious.
Today, I am sharing the recipe of semiya upma which, when made with veggies and a dash of coconut would be rich enough to kick start your day.
Here’s the recipe:
Vermicelli: 1 cup
Onion: 1 finely chopped
Mix Veggies: (beans, carrot,cauliflower,peas): 1/2 cup
Green chilli: 1-2 roughly chopped.
Water: 1 1/2- 2 cups
Oil+ ghee: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana Dal:1 tsp
Curry leaves: a spring
Ginger 1″: finely chopped
Grated coconut : 2 tbsp
1. Roast the semiya in medium flame till golden brown.
2. Temper with “to temper items”.
3. Saute the onions till golden brown, add the veggies and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add salt and water and bring it to rolling boil.
5. Add the semiya and allow it to cook till all water drains.
6. Garnish with coconut and serve hot with chutney (any) and a cup of coffee.