The season of the king of fruits is soon coming to an end. Wanted to try baking a cake with mangoes. The cake turned out to be the best I have baked so far. Moist, spongy, the taste just perfect with the flavors of mangoes, perfect sweet and loved by all at home.
The addition of tutti fruity made it nutty, but you can skip it and go ahead with this recipe.
Do try this cake and enjoy.
Makes: 12-14 pieces
- All purpose flour: 1 1/2 cup
- Mango pulp: 1 cup
- Condensed Milk: 1/2 cup
- Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Butter: 1/2 cup (melted)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Make pulp of 1 mango(Alphonso,Badami,Kesar) should work best.
- Sieve the flour,baking powder, soda and keep aside.
- Blend the melted butter and condensed milk till well incorporated.
- Add in the mango pulp and mix well.
- Add the flour and fold it well.It would be a thick batter.
- Transfer in a baking dish (dust the baking dish with butter and flour) (add the tutti fruity if adding )and bake for 30-35 minutes till the knife inserted comes clean.
- Allow to cool and then cut in pieces. Enjoy
If the top is nicely browned and the inside need more baking, just cover with a butter paper and continue, this way the top won’t get over baked and the cake would still get baked.
Keep an eye after 30 minutes. Allow the cake to cool before slicing to get nice firm slices.
This cake stays good for a couple of days, maybe a little more if refrigerated.