Dal Fry tops the list of comfort foods. Any day this when coupled with any simple sabzi and papad makes a complete meal. Even Dal and rotis are comfort foods as they provide the needed nutrition alongside being light to digest. I love experimenting with dal. Adding greens makes it even more healthier. This time I am sharing a simple dal recipe, which is bound to comfort you on any tiring day.
Go ahead and do try this comfort food.
- Tuvar Dal /Arhar Dal: 1 cup
- Water: 2 cups
- Tomato finely chopped: 1
- Onion finely chopped: 1 small
- Salt to taste.
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Jaggery: one small piece ( Can be replaced with sugar)
- Oil/Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves: 1 small chopped
- Ginger: 1 inch chopped
- Green chilli: 1 slit
- Coriander leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon.
1. Pressure cook the dal with enough water,turmeric powder, salt, tomatoes and a drop of oil for 3-4 whistles.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the “to temper” items and add the dal and salt as per taste, jaggery and water, lemon juice and simmer till desired consistency. Garnish with coriander leaves.
3. Serve hot with rotis/ rice.