Summers equals to liquids for me. I love making smoothies and drinking instead of dinners/ breakfast. I don’t like skipping breakfast, but there are days when we plan for brunch, or just busy to make and eat so this comes handy “An apple a day keeps the doctors away” they say. Sometimes finishing the whole apple becomes a little difficult and I don’t like storing cut apples. So these days I have started incorporating it in smoothies. Drinking plain milk is a strict no no for me. I hate them.And I am not a tea coffee person, so this makes a good one glass health potion for me.The goodness of apples,milk, almonds, oats and honey all in one. 🙂 Plus, the best part is its healthy and keeps you full for hours. Yum. 😀
Here’s the recipe:
- Apple: 1 medium sized.
- Oats: 1 tbsp
- Honey/ Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Almonds: 4
- Milk: 1 1/2 cups
1. Chop the apples and almonds roughly. You can peel the skin. I didn’t.
2. Add all in the mixie jar and blend till smooth.
3. Add milk little by little and keep whipping.
4. Serve cold and immediately.
- This needs to be consumed immediately as it thickens if you keep for long.
- You can add ice cubes while blending.
- Replace honey with sugar or just skip if the apple is sweet.