Come summers and the ability to eat food decreases, we all look for some simple lunch and dinners instead of regular elaborate ones. The ones that doesn’t require much work in the kitchen and healthy too.
Cucumbers you find in abundance and is one for the best veggie to consume as it is a great coolant. So the other day, I got one and thought of making this kuttu as a side dish for chapatis. A easy to cook veggie, goes well with curd rice or plain rice too with dollops of ghee and papadam by the side. 🙂
- Cucumber: 1 peeled and finely chopped.
- Potato: 1 chopped roughly.
- Carrots: 1 chopped
- Green peas: a fistful
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut scrapped: 1/2 cup
- Green chillies: 2-3 (add or less depending on the spice quotient)
- Water: 2 tbsp
- Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Urad Dal: 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves: a spring
- Chop the veggies and keep aside. Pressure cook them with little water for a whistle with salt and turmeric powder.
- Discard the excess water if too much and add the grind ed paste once the pressure subsides, check for salt.
- Temper with ” To temper” items .
- Serve hot with rotis/ rice
Mix a tbsp of rice flour and add if the kuttu is too watery.