We love dosas. Batter of dosa/ adai is always a must at my place. The first batter after grinding and fermenting we make idlis, rest of the time dosas. Kiddo loves dosa anytime of the day.Team it with the good old podi, he won’t even ask for chutney and sambhar. 🙂 such is his craze for podi.
The other day I was making dosa, he asked me to add cheese and try and Voila , turned out a new recipe for this space. The melted cheese against the crisp dosa was a dish in itself, the side dish was not missed. The podi here was more than enough to satiate the taste buds.
Let’s move to the recipe:
Dosa Batter: as needed
Cheese cubes: grated ( as needed)
- Heat the tava, sprinkle some oil and wipe with a onion or tissue paper.
- Take a ladle of batter and pour on the tava and spread it round till thin.
- Reduce the gas to lowest and allow the dosa to cook for a minute.
- Grate the cheese over the dosa liberally.
- Cook the dosa till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with any side dish of your choice.
No need to flip the dosa here, as it would get cooked as the cheese melts.