Summers hold very special memories for all of us. That time of the year, when making pickles, papads and of course mangoes. Summer with cousins, extended family and mangoes are a yummy combination. Come mangoes, I like to try incorporating in many yummy foods. Other than eating it all by itself. Today, I am sharing recipe of Amarkhand.
Almost all marriages/ festivals this season is not completed without Aamras or Amarkhand, thanks to the king of fruits season. This is also a version of Frozen Yogurt, but with the goodness of mango pulp. The tanginess of the hung curd when blended with the sweetness of mangoes. 😛
Here’s the recipe:
- Hung curd: 1 1/2 cup Recipe here
- Powdered Sugar: 1 cup (see notes)
- Cardamom powder: 1 tsp (optional)
- Mango: 1 medium sized
- Chop the mango roughly and blend till smooth.
- Take the hung curd in a bowl, add the powdered sugar and beat till it becomes smooth.
- Add the mango pulp and cardamom powder and beat with a electric beater or egg beater for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled with poori or as dessert.
Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of mangoes. If the mango is sweet reduce the quantity of sugar and vice versa.