Mango and Ice creams are irresistible in summer.Summer always transports me to my childhood when we used to buy boxes of Alphonso mangoes and squeeze and eat them. The whole house would smell of those mangoes, a very heavenly smell ,just like the first rain.
These days mangoes don’t smell that heavenly nor are as sweet as they used to be. Nevertheless, that definitely doesn’t deter from eating them. The other day, i had some fresh cream and a mango so thought of making ice cream. Just whipped in few minutes and soft melt in mouth ice cream ready..:)
Do try, as easy to make, no cooking and just heavenly.
Mango: 1 chopped
Fresh Cream: 200 ml ( i used Amul)
Sugar: 1/2 cup (Add more if you want sweet)
Milk: 1/2 cup for grinding
- Take the mangoes, sugar and milk in a mixie. Blend till smooth.
- Take the cream in a bowl and whip till it becomes soft. A egg beater would also do.
- Transfer the cream to the mixie and whip for a couple of minutes.
- It would come to thick batter consistency.
- Transfer in a box and freeze for 4 hours.
- Take out, and blend them in a mixie to break the ice.
- Do this one more time if possible and freeze for 8 hours or overnight
- Serve chilled with any toppings of your choice.