The other day I got lucky to have found fresh corns at a very cheap price. Happily, picked up a couple and freezed them to use as needed. Since vacations have started and IPL on television, the demand for such snacks have gone up. 😁
So this time I tried this cheese corn balls. Although, looks wise may not be perfect, but I rather we can vouch for the taste ans the melt mouth cheese leaving us wanting for more. The best part is it can be prepared in advance and fried when needed to serve. Makes a great party snack, appetizer. A hit with kids.
Here’s the recipe
Makes 16 small balls
- Corns (fresh or frozen): 1 cup
- Mozrella cheese grated: 1 cup
- Amul cheese processed: 1 cube (optional)
- Oregano: 1 tbsp
- Chilli flakes or Chilli powder: 1 tbsp.
- Corn flour: 2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs: 1 cup
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Salt as needed
1. Peel the corns and pressure cook for a whistle. Grate the cheese.
2. Drain the water. Allow to cool.
3. Pulse the corn for a few seconds, keep aside. In the same jar, pulse a couple of breads too.
4. Add the seasonings and cheese and mix well with corn flour.
5. Make small balls dip in the milk and roll in bread crumbs and arrange in a box.
6. Freeze for a couple of hours or overnight.
7. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry tull golden brown.
Serve hot with ketchup.
Using processed cheese or Mozrella cheese together is optional. Can use either of these. Both tastes amazing.
In place of Chilli powder, finely chopped green Chillies can be used. Skip if suing for kids.