Come summers and we all look for thirst quenchers and ice cream recipes. Ice creams business just rub during this seasons. I guess they make their yearly profit in this season itself. With the mercury touching 40 even in aircon city like Bangalore, it’s really time we think of planting more trees and balance the nature. Never thought Bangalore would also require an air conditioner. 😥
Today, I’m sharing an easy custard powder ice cream recipe. Simple but yet very tasty and easy to prepare.
- Milk : 1/2 liter full fat one
- Custard powder: 2 tbsp (I used Vanilla)
- Sugar: 2 cups
- Fresh cream: 1 cup
Tuti fruity : as needed
1. Boil the milk. Reserve a couple of tbsp for the custard powder mixing and continue simmer the rest in low flame.
2. Mix the powder n reserved milk without forming lumps.
3. Add the sugar and the milk will loosen, continue to simmer and reduce.
4. Add the custard powder and keep stirring. It would thicken in a couple of minutes.
5. Allow it to cool down completely.
6. Take the Cream and the milk in a mixer jar and blend for around 5 minutes.
7. Transfer in a ice cream box and freeze for 3-4 hours. Again blend to break the ice crystals and freezer. Repeat this for one more time and freeze overnight.
8. Scoop out and serve with tuti fruity garnish and enjoy.
Using tuti fruity is optional. Can also be served plain or garnish by choco chips / almonds sliced or chocolate syrup.