Yay hit a half century 😀😂. Never thought would be able to survive and reach milestones so soon. But yes happy and hoping to continue this great passion of mine.With Vishu, (Palakkad and Tamil Nadu New Year) approaching, I am posting all the sadya recipes. Avial is one such royal recipe. Avial is a medley of veggies with coconut chili paste, and fresh curry leaves garnished with a hint of coconut oil. Adai avial is a combo loved.
Let’s go to the recipe:
- White Pumpkin: 1 cup chopped
- Red Pumpkin: 1 cup chopped
- Yam: 1 cup chopped
- Raw Banana: 1 chopped
- Carrots: 2 sliced
- Beans: 4-5 cut roughly.
- Yogurt: 2 cups
- Coconut: 1 cup
- Green chilies: 2-3
- Curry leaves: a handful
- Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
- Chop all the veggies and pressure cook them for 2 whistles with a pinch of turmeric and salt.
- Grind the coconut and chili with some yoghurt till smooth. Beat the curd and keep aside.
- Let the pressure subside and add the paste and the beaten curd.
- Add salt as needed, curry leaves and pour the oil and mix gently.
- Serve hot with applams.
Curd, can be added less if you want the avail to be thick. If added like how I did, can be mixed with rice and eaten too.
Can be prepared a day in advance, this would help the flavors blend better.