Happy Ugadi and Gudi Padva to all my wonderful friends out here.
Come festivals and I would always like to eat the traditional sweets that makes it more special ☺Being from Mumbai, I have lots of memories of Gudi Padva and other festivals. I have a awesome set of neighbours our there so all festivals used to be celebrated with equal pomp. 😄
Being out of hometown I keep missing the food and people out there. I’m yet to find such set of neighborhood are practically extended family.
Today I’m sharing the recipe of Srikhand, one of the special delicacy of Maharashtra and Gujrat. Made with hung yoghurt,this one is a sure shot hit. What’s more is seasonal fruits can be added to make it more yummier😜. Served with puri this makes an lethal combo. Srikhand puri is one of the famous combos even in marriages or feasts.
Here’s the recipe:
- Thick curd: 2 cups
- Powdered sugar: 1 cup
- Cardamom Powdered: 2 tbsp
Almonds: 2-3 finely chopped
1. Hang the curd in a muslin cloth.
2. Keep weight over it and allow all the whey water to drain.
3. You can collect the whey water and use in gravies, curries etc.
4. Keep this for around 2 hours. You would see only the thick mass of curd.
5. Transfer this to another bowl, add sugar and cardamom powder.
6. Beat till smooth till all ingredients incorporate and it becomes smooth. This would take 5-10 minutes by hand beater and 5 minutes if you use a hand blender.
7. Chill for a couple of hours or overnight.
Serve with hot poori.
Use fresh curd as it would give great results. I used store brought curd.
Adding mango pulp would make it Amarkhand.