This is one easy, comfort curry that leaves me wanting for more. Goes great with chapatis or can be eaten by mixing with plain rice. J The tanginess of tomatoes with the potatoes makes a great combo.Made without onions and garlic, this can be made on fast days too.
Do try this and share your thoughts.
Here’s the recipe:
- Potatoes: 2 diced
- Tomatoes: 3 finely chopped
- Red chili powder: 2 tsp.
- Oil: 1 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
- Hing: a pinch
- Curry Leaves: a spring.
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Sugar: 1 tsp.
- Water: 1.5 cups
Coriander leaves: 2 tbsp chopped.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- Add turmeric powder, hing.
- Add tomatoes, red chili powder, salt and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the potatoes, water and cook till potatoes are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot.