This is one easy, comfort curry that leaves me wanting for more. Goes great with chapatis or can be eaten by mixing with plain rice. J The tanginess of tomatoes with the potatoes makes a great combo.Made without onions and garlic, this can be made on fast days too.
Do try this and share your thoughts.
Here goes the recipe:
Potatoes: 2 diced
Tomatoes: 3 finely chopped
Red chili powder: 2 tsp.
Oil: 1 tbsp.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
Hing: a pinch
Curry Leaves: a spring.
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Sugar: 1 tsp.
Water: 1.5 cups.
Coriander leaves: 2 tbsp chopped.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- Add turmeric powder, hing.
- Add tomatoes, red chili powder, salt and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the potatoes, water and cook till potatoes are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot.