Today I am sharing a basic easy, yummy upma recipe. Upma is my favorite. I can eat it at any time of the day. My house is always stocked with rava, semiya and Batter. These form the divine trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh of my kitchen. 😉 Weekly at least once or twice it makes an appearance. I love them in all variations.
This one is with tomatoes. The tanginess of tomatoes adds a new flavor and takes the upma to another level. I hope you try this and like. Can be eaten all by itself, or with chutney/sambhar and a nice cup of chat/coffee. Bliss.
Here’s the recipe:
- Rawa: 1 cup
- Tomatoes: 2 chopped finely
- Onions: 1 chopped finely
- Water: 2 cups
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Ghee: 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Chana Dal: 1 tsp
- Urad dal: 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves: a spring
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Roast the rave till aroma wafts.
- Heat oil and temper with “To temper” items.
- Add turmeric powder and water and allow the water to boil.
- Once boiled, add rava and salt as per taste and let the water dry up in medium flame.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve hot.