Today I am sharing a basic easy, yummy upma recipe. Upma is my favorite. I can eat it at any time of the day. My house is always stocked with rava, semiya and Batter. These form the divine trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh of my kitchen. ;P .Weekly at least once or twice it makes an appearance. I love them in all variations.
This one is with tomatoes. The tanginess of tomatoes adds a new flavor and takes the upma to another level. I hope you try this and like. Can be eaten all by itself, or with chutney/sambhar and a nice cup of chat/coffee. Bliss.
Here goes the recipe:
Rawa: 1 cup
Tomatoes: 2 chopped finely
Onions: 1 chopped finely
Water: 2 cups
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Ghee: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Chana Dal: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Curry Leaves: a spring
Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
Green chillies: 2 finely chopped.
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Roast the rave till aroma wafts.
- Heat oil and temper with “To temper” items.
- Add turmeric powder and water and allow the water to boil.
- Once boiled, add rava and salt as per taste and let the water dry up in medium flame.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve hot.