Another of Tam Brahm delicacies, this one has the goodness of dal and veggies alongside coconut red chillies. Mom used to make this twice a week with different veggies or spinach.This one is a regular in the household and when paired up with togayals ( chutney) or pachadis and rasam is a bliss. ;P
A no onion, no garlic recipe.
- White pumpkin: ½ cup
- Potato: 1 diced.
- Moong Dal: ½ cup
- Water: 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coconut pieces/grated: 1/4th cup
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
- Red Chili: 2
- Coconut oil: 1tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1tsp
- Curry leaves a spring
- Pressure cook the pumpkin with moong dal and water for 3 whistles.
- Grind the “To grind items”
- Boil the cooked dal, veggies mixture and add the coconut paste and boil for a couple of minutes on a medium flame.
- Temper with “To temper” items.
Serve hot with rice and togayal or pachadis or simple pickle.