This is a healthier version of the podi. Podi is a eternal favorite.:) We can eat with even rotis, upma, even sprinkle a little on the Poha would taste yum. 🙂 Hope you try this version and share your feedback.
Here’s the recipe:
Makes 3 cups
- 1 cup each Chana dal and Udai Dal
- 1 Cup flax seeds
- 8 each Bhedgi and normal Red Chillies
- Asefodita 1 tsp.
- Gingelly Oil: 1 tbsp.
- Black Seasame seeds: 2 tbsp
1. Roast the dals,flax seeds and chillies till golden brown in gingelly oil. Roast the red chillies also.
2. Grind all the dals,chillies,asefoditia,til and salt coarsely in a powder.
3. Store in an airtight jar. Would stay fresh for more than a month.
- U can add more red chilies if you want it more spicy.
- Whenever want to use, use a fresh, clean spoon, add the needed quantity, mix with oil/ghee.
- Goes very well with Idlis, Dosas, Adai.
Its one important way of adding flax seeds to your diet. Flax seeds doesn’t change the taste much.