There are days i want to have full meal ( Not the one pot meal) and I am lazy to cook. This Kozumbu comes handy during such times.Can be made using raw banana or white pumpkin or tomatoes or even onions. 🙂 If you have the ingredients handy can be made in flat 15 minutes including cooking time.
Here goes the recipe:
Buttermilk (Sour) : 2 cups.
Tomato : 1 chopped. (See notes.)
Oil: 1 tbsp (coconut oil recommended)
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Curry Leaves: A spring.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Jaggery: 1 small piece (optional but recommended)
Coconut grated or torn in pieces: 3/4th cup
Green chillies: 2 or more depending on spice preferred.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- Grind the Coconut and green chillies into a paste adding little buttermilk.
- When it crackles, add curry leaves and tomatoes.
- When tomatoes turn mushy, add turmeric powder, and butter milk.
- Add the coconut chili paste.Bring it to boil.
- Add the jaggery and let it simmer for few minutes in low flame.
- Serve hot with rice, any curry or just potato chips.
Tomato can be replaced by onions, raw bananas or white pumpkin, use either to these 1/2 cup. Cook them till tender (The bananas or pumpkin if using). Onions just need to be sauteed.
Using a little sour buttermilk will bring out the flavors better. Make them a little extra they taste more better the next day. 🙂
I served it with Katrikai/ Brinjal curry