Today, I am sharing a recipe which is more famous with Palakkad people. “Tambrahm” as they are known, this place falls in the border of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. 🙂 . We ( i too belong to this place) have our own language, a mixture of Tamil and Malayalam, which neither Tamil people nor Malayalam people relate to 😉 . People here understand and can speak Tamil and Malayalam. This dish is one of our Delicacies. Steamed like idli, this goes well with ,Chutney, Sambhar and even Rasam.
Let’s go to the recipe:
Makes: 5-7 kozikattais.
Raw Rice/ Dosa Rice: 1 cup
Water: 1 1/2 cup.
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds, Urad Dal, Chana dal: 1 tsp each
Curry Leaves: a spring.
Red Chilies: 2
A pinch of hing (Optional)
Salt to taste.
Coconut grated: 1/4 cup
- Grind the rice coarsely. There are two methods: One wash the rice, drain all water and spead in a clean towel till dry. Second: directly powder.
- Heat a pan, add the “To temper” items and then add water.
- Bring it to rolling boil add salt, and then add the rice and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes or water dries up.
- It will come to little upma consistency,add the grated coconut.
- Let it cool, shape in oval and round shape and steam it for 10- 12 minutes on medium flame.
- Let it cool for sometime and serve with Sambar,Chutney or rasam.