Making lunch box every day for the kiddo is becoming very challenging. Without being repetitive making an interesting lunch box is quite a task. J I am sure most of the moms face the task. Most of the moms I know of complain that the kids don’t finish their boxes L for me, the day he cleans his box is a happy day and vice versa.
Today, I am sharing an easy lunch box recipe which can be made quickly. Also addition of carrots and soya makes it more nutritious.Bhi
Here goes the recipe:
Cooked rice (Normal/ Basmati): ¾ cup leftover rice works best.
Carrot: 1 medium
Onions: 1 finely sliced.
Peanuts: 1 tbsp.
Soya chunks: a handful
Garam masala: a pinch
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Green chili : 1 slit
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste.
Coriander leaves: a few
- Boil the soya as per instructions, keep aside. Grate the carrots and keep ready.
- Heat a pan, add oil, add peanuts, fry for a minute, add cumin seeds, slit chili and onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and carrots.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on a medium flame.
- Add soya and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add rice, garam masala, lemon juice and mix gently till well blended.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with raita.