Mor Kozumbhu and kara curry are lethal combinations. Kara means spicy. In this version, liberal use of chili powder is what makes the dish spicy.They just cannot go wrong. Be it the potatoes,raw bananas, arbi or brinjals. We love making this yogurt based side dish more often as it could be paired with any curry and it makes a nice simple meals alongside papad and pickles. Today, I am sharing a very easy version of curry. There are many varieties of brinjal i used the purple ones for this.
Hope you try and like this:
Brinjals: 3 medium ones.
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Hing: a pinch
Curry leaves: a spring.
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp.
Red Chili powder: 1 tbsp.
Sambar powder: 1 tsp.
Jaggery: 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Slice the brinjals into strips and soak in water as it tends to blacken otherwise.
- Heat oil in a pan add the mustard seeds,hing,curry leaves and add the brinjals.
- Add the turmeric powder,chili powder, sambar powder,salt and water.
- Cook till the water dreis and brinjal softens say 5-7 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add jaggery and mix well and close and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot alongside rice,kozumbu and papad.