This is one more easier and tastier way of consuming methi. Maharashtrians make a lot of zhunka/bhaji also known as “Pitla” .It’s awesome when paired with Bhakris. Alas, my bhakri making skills not very polished 😀 so I paired this yummy, easy curry with rotis. You can even pair with a warm bowl of dal and rice. In this cold weather, this is sheer bliss.
Do try this curry and let me know your feedback.
Methi Leaves: 1 bunch washed, cleaned and chopped.
Onion finely chopped: 2
Tomatoes finely chopped: 1
Oil: 1 tbsp.
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp.
Red chili powder: 2 tsp.
Salt to taste.
Sugar: 1 generous pinch.
Besan/Gram flour: 1-1.5 tbsp. heaped.
- Heat a pan add mustard seeds. When they crackle add onions.
- Saute till the onions are golden, add the tomatoes.
- Cook till tomato turns mushy, add powders.
- Add the methi leaves and let it cook in low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar and flour and mix well. Cook on a low flame for 10 minutes till the flour gets mushy and incorporates in the curry.
Serve hot with rotis or rice.