The other day i saw lots of coriander and other greens and were really cheap. So in the fit of happiness, and seeing the fresh leaves of coriander i gave in to the temptation and picked up a couple of bunches. 😉
Note: The post may look lengthy, but its very easy and quick to make
I made some dry chutney (Recipe coming soon) and used some for garnish. I wanted to make cauliflower curry a little differently, was bored of making it with coconut and onion tomato base. Suddenly got an idea to use coriander for the base and Voila, it tasted different and yummy. Kiddo polished the curry and kept asking for more.
So without much ado am sharing the recipe; Hope you try this and like it too.
Cauliflower florets: 2 cups
Green peas: a handful
Onions: 1 finely chopped
Tomato: 1 chopped
Cashews/almonds/melon seeds: 1 tbsp ( I used almonds plus melon seeds)
Green Chillies: 2 (Add more for more spice )
Coriander leaves (washed and cleaned) : 1 cup
Water: for grinding
Grind all the “to Grind” items with little water.
1.Take water in a pan ,bring it to boil.
2. Add turmeric powder ,salt and cauliflower florets
3.Let it boil in the water for ten minutes. This will cook the cauliflower and remove its impurities.
4. Add green peas also after 5-7 minutes and drain the water.
5. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds,ginger garlic paste and saute a little, then add onions.
6. Add tomatoes once onions turn golden brown, and cook till it turns mushy.
7. Add the almond/cashew/melon paste and cook till oil stands out.
8. Add the cooked cauliflower florets and green peas and water as per consistency required.
9. Add salt, boil for a few minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves .
Serve with rotis/ pulav.
Tips: Use either of the nut or just melon seeds. Its used for consistency and great flavor to the curry.