I know i am late in wishing you all a very Happy New Year. But as they say “Better late than never” 😀 I was looking for a sweet dish to post. Although i made some Gulab Jamuns and baked a cake for the New year, i thought i would post in a different version of Sheera. Also known as Halwa in North this, for me was an ideal way of using up the apples that were lying and crying for attention. 😉
Bored of running behind kiddo to eat, i thought this would be an ideal way to incorporate them in his favorite dish, and yes he loved and ate without realizing apple in halwa.
So next time you have apple or two lying do try this and let me know your comments on the recipe.
Here comes the recipe:
Rawa/Sooji 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Water 2 1/2 cups
Ghee 4-5 tbsp
Apple 1 grated
Almonds,raisins a handful
Cardamom 1 tsp
1. Fry the dry fruits in a tbsp of ghee and keep aside.
2. Add some more ghee to the pan and roast rawa till nice aroma comes out.
3. Keep water to boil in another pan
4. When the rawa/sooji gives a nice aroma, put the water and nicely mix it and keep the lid closed till the water evaporates…do this in medium flame,So that it does not get burnt
5. Then add grated apples and sugar and give it a nice stir
6. Add the raisins and cashews and the cardamoms
7. Serve hot
Note: Ghee can be increased, which will make the sheera softer.
PS: The latest snap would be uploaded soon. As i missed taking pictures for the same this time. 🙂