Today being Sankashti, I am hereby sharing a fasting recipe. Lots of people observe fast this day and only break it after moon rise.
No grains are eaten during this fast, so many people opt for fruits, milk or this khicadi. This khicadi takes a little advanced soaking. Other wise can be made in a jiffy.
Without much ado,lets proceed to this recipe. Hope you all like it and share your feedback.
Sabudana (Topica Pearls) : 1
Ground nuts: Roasted and deskinned: 1/2 cup
Green chillies: 2
Ghee/oil : 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Salt to taste.
Sugar a pinch
Coriander leaves chopped: 1 tbsp
Coconut grated : 1/2 tbsp (optiional) i didn’t add
- Wash the sabudana till water runs clear.Add 1/2 cup of water and keep aside for 4-5 hours.
- Roast the ground nuts and de skin.
- Take a grinder jar, add the peanuts green chillies and grind roughly. Mortar Paste would also work fine.
- Mix this with the soaked sabudana add salt,sugar and mix well.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds when it splutters add the sabudana peanut mixture and mix well.
- Keep the flame to low and close the lid and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve Hot.
You can do the roasting of peanuts and deskinning them in advance.
Onions can be added if not making for fasting.
Potatoes can be added,if using add in step 5 after adding cumin seeds, add the potatoes and fry in the oil till al dente.